Benefits of Aeration and Overseeding
There are many benefits of aeration and overseeding. These two important services are beneficial to repair the wear and tear that summer fun inflicted on your lawn. Fall is the best time to rejuvenate your turf for a lawn you can love next spring.
Benefits of Aeration and Overseeding: What Is Aeration?
Soil can become compacted over any number of reasons. Compacted soil becomes harder for water to get through to the soil, which can stunt grass growth. Aeration gives the grass access to air and water, allowing deeper and stronger root growth. It is essential to aerate during active growth times for optimal results.
What Does Aeration Do for My Lawn?
Aeration breaks up the layering of compacted soil, allowing water, nutrients, and fertilizer to flow through easily and reach the roots. The holes created by core aeration in the soil allow roots to expand, resulting in improved turf quality and vitality.
How Do I Know if I Need to Aerate My Lawn?
Your lawn might need aeration if:
- Your yard experiences heavy foot traffic. Pets and children running around the yard contribute to soil compaction.
- Your yard consistently dries out quickly and has a spongy feel when you walk upon it. This issue might mean that your lawn has a thatch problem, and water is not dispersing into the soil as it should.
- There are puddles through-out your lawn. Pools of water are a tattle-tale sign that water is not dispersing into your soil as it should.
What Are the Benefits of Aeration and Overseeding?
- Core aeration loosens the soil, allowing water, air, and nutrients to reach the roots and be absorbed.
- Aeration improves seed germination. Seeds germinate easily in aerator holes.
- Overseeding can introduce new grass seed to fill in bare areas and thicken existing turf.
- Overseeding increases resistance to insect damage and lawn disease.
- Aeration and overseeding decrease weeds which germinate in weak areas
- Aeration and overseeding can improve the beauty and enjoyment of the yard.
When Is the Best Time to Have Your Lawn Aerated and Overseeded?
Fall is the perfect time to aerate and seed a new lawn or overseed an existing one. The mixture of warm days and cool nights with sufficient moisture in the ground creates the ideal growing conditions for grass seed.
After Core Aeration and Overseeding
Our experts at Tee Time will give you instructions to water your lawn frequently to help the new grass seed grow. You will want to keep your soil and new seedling moist to promote germination after overseeding.
How Tee Time Lawn Care Can Help
If your soil is compacted and your yard grass suffered from heat stress, let your lawn breathe with our core aeration and overseeding services. You will be awarded with a thick, strong turf next spring.
If you are ready to make your fall core aeration and overseeding appointment, call us at Tee Time Lawn Care today or fill out nearby contact form.